Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Welcome to "Christianity and Stuff"



Welcome to "Christianity and Stuff".

I plan on covering a lot of topics that involve Christianity and how it relates to our everyday lives. I promise I'll have some very interesting things to say and questions to ask. Hopefully (I should probably say prayerfully or God-willing) you will find them interesting and thought-provoking.

A little bit about myself regarding Christianity --- I was raised in the church. I've literally been going to church all my life so I cannot remember a time when I wasn't a "Christian". There was also no drastic life-changing salvation moment that I experienced, which is common of the life-long church-goers. Outside of that, I am a marketing major, I love sports, working out, video games, and Corvettes. Each of these facts about me will become their own topics for posts in the future so stay tuned. You'll learn more about me if you follow my posts.

I am not a theologian. I know a thing or two about the Bible/theology, but I am open to the idea of being wrong and corrected when necessary - especially when it comes to Christian doctrine. So if you happen to be reading any of my posts and see something I say that is wrong (factually or doctrinally), please don't hesitate to let me know.

The concept for this blog has been in my head for a long time but I never got around to it because it never felt like the right moment to start. I kept waiting for that perfect moment where it "feels right", or when I had the perfect introductory post planned out. But thanks to some encouragement from a friend of mine, I think it's time to just jump in and learn as I go. I have much, much more to say but I want to keep the introduction short.

That's it for now. I'll start things off on my next post.

Next topic: "For God so loved the world..."

(photo courtesy of www.mrdowling.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment